Friday, February 1, 2013

Teaser



This is the recording that Hunter got from the first read through of the piece a couple of weeks ago.  You can hear me singing.  It's become much better since.  With re-orchestrations and reworking of the parts. But, here it is for you to hear the process.  This was satisfying to hear come to life for the first time.  It convinced me that me ears aren't to off.  It is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever written.   We only recorded the first 1/3 of the piece.  You can hear me talking to the musicians about rehearsal things towards the end of the recording.


Again, look for a much more polished performance on March 2 at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and then again the next Friday at the Charlotte Street Urban Culture Project Studio Residency Open Studios Event.




Now I have to write opera.

No comments: